- Liquid Gold Award 95.5/100 Cask HH0047 Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2015
- Best Australian Single Malt 13 to 20 Years World Whiskies Awards 2015
- Double Gold San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2014
- Gold Medal World Whisky Masters 2011
- Best Rest of the World 12 years and Under World Whiskies Awards 2011
- Liquid Gold Award 94.5/100 Cask HH0270 Jim Murray Liquid Gold 2010
- Liquid Gold Award 95/100 Cask HH0274 Jim Murray Liquid Gold 2007
- Best “Other” Malt (Malt whiskies outside Scotland) World Whiskies Awards 2007
American Oak Single Cask TD0169 was distilled in November of 2006 and decanted in August of this year for a maturation of twelve years in a single, 200L American oak ex-bourbon cask. Bottled at 47.6% ABV, this cask is a deliciously aromatic and malty expression of the Sullivans Cove style with all the good things we look for like grain, fruit, nuts, creamy texture and a touch of spice. What more could you ask for?
Nose: Both nutty and floral with perfumed musk, chocolate malt, banana, brioche, and orange peel. Waxy with tropical fruits, dark cherry wood and citrus.
Palate: Deliciously viscous texture along with big citrus flavours of lemon cake and zest, sweet pastry, cloves, apples, aniseed and an interesting mineral note like a French white wine.
Finish: The creamy texture lingers beautifully with hints of Nutella, custard, vanilla beans, banana and star anise along with aged, spicy, woody notes like sandalwood and cedar.
Australia’s second-highest awarded whisky.
Before the French Oak came into its own, Sullivans Cove American Oak was the Australian champion whisky. Twice named the Best Whisky in the Rest of the World and the first Australian whisky to achieve Liquid Gold status in Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible, it is fitting that the only whisky to surpass it would be from the same stable. Single cask, non-chill filtered and matured in American oak ex-Bourbon barrels.
Alcohol % : 47.6%
Size : 700ml
Made : Australia
Type : Single Malt Whisky