Sullivans Cove French Oak 700ml - TD0226
- Calculated at Checkout
Aged for twelve years in a 300 litre, French oak ex-tawny cask, TD0226 is a classic example of the Sullivans Cove French Oak Single Tawny Cask style, bottled unflocked and unfiltered at 47.4% abv. The first French Oak cask to be released for 2020.
Nose: Warm and broad with molasses, gingerbread, freshly picked blueberries and ripe apples. A sweet cured meat note of smoke and fennel seeds, salty air and seaweed. Cocoa and hazelnut praline, cloves and orange rind with the depth of pipe tobacco. Chocolate mudcake and loads of glacé cherries.
Palate: Muscatels, cocoa, malt, orange zest, pistachios, apple juice and black tea sweetened with raw sugar. There is a really interesting strawberry musk flavour through the mid palate and the tannin structure is nicely broad throughout with no sharpness from the oak.
Finish: A real glacé cherry and raspberry jam bonanza! The darker jammy and molasses notes are lifted by a deliciously gentle malt. Bursts of plums and grapes, with a rich orange note hiding in the shadows. Tannin structure again shows its finesse, leading the other flavours into a seriously long finish that really stays with you.
- Best Australian Single Malt World Whiskies Awards 2015
- Best Australian Single Malt 12 Years and Under World Whiskies Awards 2015
- The World’s Best Single Malt Whisky World Whiskies Awards 2014
- Best Australian Single Malt World Whiskies Awards 2014
- Australasian Single Malt Whisky of the Year Wizards of Whisky 2014
- Australasian Whisky of the Year Wizards of Whisky 2014
- Best Australian Single Malt under 12 years World Whiskies Awards 2013
- Southern Hemisphere Whisky of the Year Cask HH0509 Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2013
- Liquid Gold Award 96.5/100 Cask HH0509 Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2013
- Gold Medal World Whisky Masters 2012
- Gold Medal Wizards of Whisky 2012
- Gold Medal World Whisky Masters 2011
Alcohol % : 47.7%
Size : 700ml
Made : Australia
Type : Single Malt Whisky